Who is the Fastest Team in NHL 13
Category: NHL13 Blog
- Category: NHL13 Blog
Did you ever want to know who the fastest team is in NHL 13? Over at NHL13Forum.com, we broke down the numbers and analyzed the players based on pure speed. Speed is arguably the single most important attribute in the game we’re here to help give you the edge you need to take your game to the next level.
This week, we took a look at forwards and our results were unexpected. The most unexpected was something Toronto fans will have something to cheer about as they rank first in our weighted speed algorithm tied with the San Jose Sharks. The slowest team in NHL 13 was Ottawo who ranks 30th in both average speed and weighted speed followed closely by the New York Islanders and the Anaheim Ducks.
Some interesting facts,
- While Vancouver was the overall fastest team with an average speed of 85.8, their top 6 average speed was ranked 11th with an 86.0
- The New York Rangers were rated the 22nd fastest team by a simple averaging method. However, once we implemented our weighted average algorythm, they moved up 11 spots to 11th. Other teams that benefited from our weighted average algorithm included Calgary, New Jersey, Chicago, Boston and Edmonton
- Vancouver and Detroit are tied for the most players with speeds of 88 or higher with four
- The average speed of first-line players in NHL 13 is 85.9 compared to the average speed of 84.3
- The average speed of fourth-line players in NHL 13 is 81.8
Our Methodology? We estimated the average ice time for each player based on their role on that team. We then created a weighted team speed based on the ice time of each player on that team with respect to their overall speed.
Fastest Players in NHL 13
Again, we only looked at forwards for this weeks analysis. We broke down the fastest players in NHL 13. Gaborik rounds out the list with a speed of 94. Only 26 or 7.22% of all players have speeds of 90 or faster and only 12 have speeds of 91 or faster.
To put that in context, the average speed of all forwards was only 84.3. Yet, the average speed of top-6 forwards is only an additional 0.8 faster with an average speed of 85.1.
Let us know what you think or what you would like us to elaborate on! Maybe you just want to continue the discussion. Who do you think is the fastest team? How much Should acceleration and agility weight into our algorithm? Let us know Here